A stamper buddy blog tagged me, so I thought in the spirit of the season, I would play... but don't anyone else get any ideas... I really do HATE these things... Let's see I have to list 7 unknown or interesting facts about myself and then tag 7 other people.... Hah, hah, ha.... In the interest of the holidays... all of my facts are Christmas-related.
1. I really LOVE Christmas... at least that's what I keep telling myself every year!
2. We always cut our own tree... every year, we bundle up the kids, grab the dog, and trudge out to a tree farm. Then we roam all over the field, arguing over which tree is the right size, shape, etc. We now affectionately call it "The Annual Fight Over the Christmas Tree" trip. Hey... it's a tradition!
3. My kids (ages 7 and 9) still believe, but the effort to maintain the "lie" is really getting difficult. Last year, the question was "so... if Santa makes all the toys and gives them to the children, how come we have to donate toys and things for kids that are less fortunate?" Anyone have a good answer to that?
My lame-o response was... well, Mommies and Daddies have to give Santa money for the gifts... that's why some kids get more/less than others....?!
4. This year's question: "so... how do YOU pay Santa, Mommy?" Oy! I think I'm going to convert to Judaism. Happy Hannukah Everyone!
5. One year, when I was little (maybe 10 or 11), I decided to hunt for my Christmas presents. When I pulled a bag down from the top of my mother's closet, a giant candy cane fell and smashed into a million pieces... (ever seen that... it's just like glass!) I cleaned it up, but the funniest thing was when Christmas Day came, she had forgotten all about it, but the guilt consumed me, and I NEVER hunted for my presents again!
5. My favorite holiday movie is "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown"; my favorite song is The Carpenter's "Merry Christmas Darling."
6. The biggest thing I miss... my Mom & Dad coming to visit for Christmas... and all of us preparing for Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve.
7. My Christmas wish - the strength, patience, and wisdom to help me make it through another year!
Merry Christmas... Froehliche Weihnachten... God Jul... Feliz Navidad... Joyeux Noel... Mele Kalikimaka... Buone Feste Natalizie... Srozhdestvom Kristovym.
Now for the 7 elves I'm tagging: